- Can a student receive both an international enhancement grant and a pre-dissertation grant in the same summer? No.
- Can a student combine an international enhancement grant or pre-dissertation grant wtih participation in one of OVPIA's exchange programs? No.
- Can a student receive an international enhancement grant or pre-dissertation grant more than once? It is possible to receive an international enhancement grant in one period and then a pre-dissertation in a subsequent period; however, it is not permitted for one student to receive multiple of the same grant.
- Can a student combine an international enhancement grant or pre-dissertation grant with funding from some other source? Students can hold multiple grants only so long as those grants don’t exceed the total costs of the project activity. A student who receives another grant in addition to an OVPIA grant must disclose that so that we can determine if either award needs to be reduced.
- Is travel to Puerto Rico eligible? No, only international projects are eligible.
- How many letters of reference are required for an international enhancement grant or pre-dissertation grant application? Two. At least one must be from an Indiana University faculty member.
Additional FAQs for International Enhancement Grant
- What if the workshop/internship I want to participate in has not accepted me by the OVPIA grant application deadline? OVPIA will not extend the deadline. You should apply by deadline making it clear that your acceptance to the program is still pending. Once acceptance is received, it can be appended to your application.
- What if the workshop I wish to attend does not meet the minimum 2-week requirement for the grant? If you can come up with a reasonable plan to extend your stay at the foreign destination beyond the formal program in order to do individual supervised work and meet the 2-week requirement, OVPIA will consider the application. However, OVPIA will not waive the minimum 2-week requirement.
- What if my internship is research-related? You may go ahead and apply and the OVPIA selection committee will consider the situation to determine if the proposed activity is within the spirit of the grant program.